Saturday, April 4, 2009

Con Or Not?

My friend Sick is too lazy to blog so I'm sort of blogging on her behalf. Pretend this came from Sick's blog. She told me this story herself.

Today, she went to Gurney Plaza with Phoebe and they were looking at water bottles in Parkson Grand when this African guy came up to Sick and asked her, 'How are you?'

Sick was kind of shocked that a stranger (especially a foreigner) was speaking to her and just answered, 'I'm great. How are you?'

The guy then proceeded with, 'I'm fine. What's your name?'

After Sick answered him, he asked how old she was and she just said, '16.'

At this point, I was scolding Sick for telling a total stranger personal details but she said she was 'blur' and 'freaked out'. So then get this - the guy tells her 'You're beautiful.'

Naturally, Sick freaks out even more and 'scrammed'. Her words, not mine. So she chased after Phoebe who had walked away laughing. But the African guy made as if he was gonna walk towards them and gestured for Sick to go to him. Sick ran even further and got out of there.

Thinking she was talking about a young and maybe good-looking African dude, I asked her if he asked her out. However, she told me he was old (in his thirties), ugly and had yellow, bloodshot eyes and that's why it was totally EW!

So I told my mum and she said what I said, 'Don't talk to strangers.' And when my dad overheard the story, he said, 'Don't talk to strangers, they can con you and you won't know. They touch your hand also can put you under their spell already.'

Moral of the story: When a total stranger comes up to you and compliments you, run for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment