Sunday, July 6, 2008

文娱晚会

Ok, folks. Take a good look at the title because that's the first and last time you will see Chinese characters on my blog. I think.

Anyway, Megan was saying last night at our school's concert that everybody was gonna blog about it today. And she's probably right. Well I'm blogging about it anyway. So here's what I'm going to do, I'll write 2 sections for this post. The first will be about the actual concert and the second will be about what Megan and I thought and did during the concert. Ok? Here we go!

Section 1: The concert started off with the 24 seasons drums. They were really good. The best thing I liked about them is that they smiled the whole time and it really looked like they were enjoying themselves! If you know me, you'll know that I like people who smile. Hehe.

Next came some singing and dancing. Ok la. Not bad. These girls(Wei Ling n friends) danced ballet moves to a pop song. In my opinion, that's just wrong! Its like you're supposed to dance with bouncy motions and they were too graceful! Get me? Moving on, there were 2 sisters who played the violin and they were pretty good! Skip skip skip.. Next was another duet and Megan could NOT stand the girl's voice! She had to close her ears 'cause the girl's voice was so high and screechy. It really was sound pollution. Gonna skip some more...

THEN, came the battle between the 2 dancing groups! The first group consisted of my juniors from the co-op, Emma and Wan Ling. Their group was called Unbreakable and their dance was nice. All hip hop and stuff. The other group was Carmen's group, G-Buttons. Speaking as a third party who has no interest in the matter whatsoever, Carmen was the BEST dancer in the whole group! She moved the best and acted like a pro even when her cap fell off. I'm so proud of her! GO, CARMEN! I loved their dance! It was the 1 from Step Up 2, the Last Dance. Damn nice! But the end wasn't as nice as the real 1 of course. The part where the girl goes up and down under the palm of the guy. Oh well, still nice!

Skipping... Next, XUEH YING! In case you don't know who she is, she's the emo girl in my class. She's not exactly emo but she's emo-looking and it comes naturally to her. Anyway, she was playing the cello with the Chinese Orchestra Ensemble. Megan and I have a lot of comments on this but I'll put them in later in section 2. Evrything else was kinda boring so I'm gonna skip that.

THE END OF SECTION 1

Section 2: Here's where the fun begins. :) For starters, Megan and I found out what horrible cam whores we are. Here's a picture I took.

Real blur right? I know. Horrible cam whore. But this looks like my auntie right?


This is a picture of Xueh Ying but she's really far away so its blur.

Xueh Ying's the 1 in the middle. Playing the cello with the emo face.

Megan and I kept laughing while they played because Xueh Ying like to say this. 'Oh.' But she doesn't say it like 'owh', she pronounces it differently. Megan describes it as 'aww' in staccatto. Get it? So we kept making that 'aww' sound and rolling up our programs so we could shout in each others' ears. Of course people kept looking over to see who's making so much noise. But if you know us, you'll know we don't get embarrased easily so we ignored them. There was this little girl sitting next to me. I pity her because there were 2 tall women sitting in front of her so she couldn't see anything and had to kneel up on her seat. That little girl scared me. She had really big eyes with really long eyelashes and whenever Megan and I did something, she would turn those huge eyes on me and glare(sort of). I was so scared of her. We acted more like kids than she did!

The other funny thing was when the Chinese Orchestra played. The conductor was so funny. Well maybe she wasn't but Megan and I thought she was funny. You know the way conductors wave their stick-thing around? Well she waved hers and it looked like an 'X' shape to me so I told Megan she could be spelling her name with the stick for all we know. That made us laugh. Imagine how tough it is to be a conductor. You have to listen and see who is playing which instrument wrong or which section is playing louder than others and whatever while simultaneously spelling your name. HAHA! ROFL!

END OF SECTION 2

I don't really want to stop but its midnight and my Dad's gonna come nag me soon so I'm signing off for now. So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment