Saturday, January 31, 2009

MMMR January 2009

Title: Promise Me
Author: Harlan Coben
Rating: *****

What it's about:
Myron Bolitar (I know! what kind of name is that?) is an ex-basketball player who's career came to a sudden halt after he injured his knee. Now he's the representitive (sorta like a lawyer) of famous people and he - well, I don't actually know what he does besides represent them.... I haven't finished the book!

So he did something really stupid (kinda) and made 2 high school girls promise that they'd call him if they ever needed someone to drive them back if they were drunk. Which means that they won't let anyone who's drunk, drive them home. And he also promises that he won't mention anything to their parents if they call him for help. He says he'll fetch them wherever, no questions asked.

It was easy making that promise, but he didn't realise how hard it would be until it actually happened...

One night, one of the girls, Aimee (who's also his best friend's daughter) calls him and asks him to give her a lift from a party. After he picks her up, he gets .....

I just realised I'm rambling? And I'm kinda telling the whole story? So I think I'll stop there. I'm just gonna say that Aimee and another girl go missing and Myron feels guilty as he was the last to see Aimee and he promises her mother he'll find her no matter what...

But I wanna add in that he has an awesome best friend called Win (short forWindsor Horne Lockwood III), and I just wished I has a best friend like Win because he is just THE BOMB! He is simply LOADED, he can fight, he has loads of connections everywhere, you know he's always got your back, he is EVERYTHING YOU CAN WISH FOR IN A FRIEND! Best of all, HE'S SUPER FUNNY! I just LOVE Myron and Win's humour! Makes me laugh out loud for real!

(*Ahem* Not that I don't like my own best friends... And I know he's fictional, but still....)

Spoilers:
Hehhehheh... As I said on top, I didn't finish the book... So I don't know what the spoilers are.... Hehhehheh.....

What I think:
I think this book is awesome! It has everything you can possibly hope for! Besides fairies and vampires, of course... It has romance, humour, crazy people, good-looking hunks.......

I didn't really want to read it at first. My mum recommended it to me and I know she loves reading crime books. I thought it was one of those mystery books where someone dies, the detective is called in, after questioning a few people, they find the murderer and it's the wife or something..... Something along those lines. But its not! It's funny and interesting and cute and funny! I'm so glad I listened to my mum for once...

I would recommend this book this book to everybody! It's worth a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment