Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bitten by a Tiger

Every Monday, I go to Chrissy's house after school for guitar class. I eat at her house, her mum fetches us to class, I go back to her house, then my parents come and fetch me home. Except, this week(last night), it was a holiday so my mum took me to her house, went to a dinner, Chrissy's mum fetched us to guitar, then I went back to her house to wait for my mum.

As usual, when I wait for my mum, I play with her pets. That means I carry her TIGER cat, Africa around and talk to her dogs, Max and Toffy.
Afica, the tiger cat
So last night, she took Africa out of the cage and passed her to me. I carried Africa all over the house. We watched TV, ogled hot guys in Chrissy's room, walked around the kitchen..... Then I remembered that I left my mobile phone in my bag outside and if my mum tried to call me, I wouldn't be able to hear her. So I took Africa with me outside to get it. I got it out of my bag and headed back to the house.

Suddenly, Africa went nuts and started squirming around biting me! It didn't really hurt 'cause she's just a tiny kitten but Chrissy's mum saw and immediately shouted for Chrissy to come out. Chrissy ran to the door and immediately took her cat off me and put her back in her cage. I looked at my arm and saw there were puncture wounds! Courtesy of Africa. I told Chrissy, 'Your cat bit me.' Chrissy panicked! She was like 'OMG! I'm so sorry! She bit you are?! I'll get the first aid kit!'

I slowly walked into her house and when I got to her table, she had the first aid kit all ready and open. She pulled out anticeptic swabs and started cleaning my wounds. Africa had apparently bitten me multiple times. She kept apologising the whole time. Saying she don't know why the cat bit me when its never bitten her. So I said its ok. But we both knew my dad would freak when he saw it.

We were right. Both my parents reacted exactly as I predicted.

Mum: Hah, see... Your father sure scold you. He told you before... Don't carry the cat around...
Dad: Stupid! I told you how many times? Don't touch animals! You don't listen to me har.. Now get bitten... Stupid! Tomorrow you're going to get a tetanus shot.

My mum told me a rabies shot is gonna hurt and I didn't want an injection but Chrissy told me I'd better listen to my dad even though her cats are clean. So the following day, I went to the doctor. This is what happened.

*Myra walkes into the room while mum parks car*
Doc: So what's wrong?
Myra: I got bitten by a cat.
Doc: What form are you in?
Myra: Form 4.
Doc: Did you take the ATT shot last year? Anti tetanus?
Myra: Ya...
Doc: Then its ok.
Myra: You mean I don't need to take anything else?
Doc: No. You'll be fine.
Myra: Oh... Ok.. Thank you...
*Myra exits room*
*Myra's mum walks into clinic*
Mum: Done already are?
Myra: Ya.. Don't need anything else 'cause I got the shot last year.
Mum: Oh.. Ok..
Receptionist: Doctor says no charge. You can go.
Myra: Ok. thank you!
*Myra and Mum exit clinic*

Ta-da. Then we went to the library! And Gurney Plaza. Chrissy said I'd get scars on my arm. Wanna see what they look like now?

ps Chrissy was nice enough to google rabies and she said her cats don't have any symptoms so hopefully I'm safe. My maid said her neighbour once died after getting bitten by a cat though. I think it was a wild cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment