Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday! How many more will there be?

Last night, my dad came home from a dinner with some colleagues. They bought him a birthday cake as his birthday is this Sunday. He brought home the leftovers, and also talk about death. This is what happened:

*Mum and Myra go into kitchen to transfer cake from box into container*
Mum: Girl, look! Got ninja turtle on the cake!
Myra: Wah, they some more put turtle on an old man's cake... Are you sure its not a dinosaur?
Mum: Could be... I don't know.
*Dad walks into kitchen*
Dad: Saw my cake or not? You know what that is? *pointing at unidentified green object*
Myra: A dinosaur?
Dad: No lah! It's a Welsh dragon.
Myra: How on Earth do you know?
Dad: Mr Jones told me. (Mr Jones is my dad's friend who's the principal of a school. He's welsh.)
Myra: Fine, it's a dragon. Let's eat! *brings 2 plates of cake out. She's nice and takes 1 for her brother. Even put a dragon on it too!*
Myra: Nah. Eat.
Bro: What's this?
Myra: Dad's birthday cake.
Bro: What's the green thing?
Myra: A Welsh dragon.
Bro: How do you know?
Myra: Mr Jones told dad.
Bro: Oh. *starts eating cake*
*Myra is already halfway through her cake and is eating the dragon*
Myra: *yells into kitchen* MUM! IS THE DRAGON EDIBLE?
Mum: Just eat la. You can't die.
Myra: Ok. *eats the dragon*
Bro: EW! I think I just ate wax!
Myra: Blurcase! What kind of idiot eats wax?
Bro: It was on the cake and I ate it and it was chewy but I didn't know it was wax until I swallowed it!
Myra: Haha. Idiot.
Bro: *yells into kitchen* MUM! I JUST ATE WAX! WILL I DIE?!
Mum: No la. Cannot die la.
Bro: Ok. *continues eating*

THE END

1 comment: