Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Holiday

I just came back from Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu. No, I did not see any turtles hatching. Yes, I saw many, many, many Malays. I'm not trying to be rascist or anything, but seriously. The ratio of Malays to Chinese I saw was 10:1. That was in the shopping mall. I'm not kidding. I felt like an alien or something. Like my species was dying out. Creepy...

As a result, almost all the restaurants were halal. We didn't mind that. The food was good. Especially this ayam percik thing. It's like chicken with santan sauce on it. Nice...

But I was kind of bored there. I mean they only have 2 malls. 1 which reminds me of Midlands and 1 that reminds me of Gurney Plaza. That's why, on my 1st morning in KB, I stayed in the hotel room watching House of Wax. Amazing. The 1st real horror show I watch and it's in a hotel. I was so wishing for my girlfriends so that we could scream together. Chad Michael Murray wasn't ugly in it. Actually, he looked not bad. But Paris Hilton is really the worst actress I've ever seen. Even her screams sounded fake! I mean, what kind of person can't scream well?

We drove around a lot and the beach there was way better than our's here in Penang. It's a whole different sea over there and boy was it beautiful!


I thought the colour reminded me of Ian's eyes (The Host) so I tried drawing him. This is what happened.

Suitable? Or maybe sky blue is better...

I don't really think either 1 of them look nice. I prefer sapphires. Oh well...

Anyway, we would have really gotten lost on out trip if it wasn't for this device!

The GPS! The greatest invention so far! But this GPS had an obsession with a place called Jeli. It kept trying to take us on HUGE U-turns around Jeli. Don't know why also...

Moving on, I shall talk about my hotel. The hotel in KB was the Renaissance Hotel. Really nice. However, at night, in the dark-ghosts come out to play.... IT'S TRUE! I have proof. Look closely at this picture. Do you see the ghost hovering beside my dad?

Creepy huh?

We were supposed to go to KT on the 3rd day and since all the hotels on the island were fully booked, my dad said maybe we'll stay in a chalet. That reminded me of OBML (Outward Bound Malaysia, Lumut). Sleeping on a wooden double decker bed. So I took a picture of my KB hotel to compare.

I was already bracing myself for a chalet with no hot water, lots of mosquitos, no TV, no shampoo............. When we stopped for lunch at Primula Beach Resort and-whadayanoe?-they have an empty room! It was a junior suite and big enough for my family of 4 so we took it! No RM90 a night chalet for us anymore! YAY! It had a super huge bed that my dad, mum and I shared.

Me looking sexy on the bed.. Haha!

My brother slept on a spare mattress in the next room. (The suite consists of 2 adjoining rooms) but there was a really dumb door. They installed the chain the wrong way and this is what it looked like.

Makes no sense right? I opened it while the chain was in place and it just opened! Haha!

And there was this pillow on the huge bed. It is the longest pillow I've ever seen! Look at it!

Oh and while we were there, my brother and I got hooked on dodol. He ate 7 or 8 and I ate 5. It's addictive....

Another picture of the beach. It was taken in the morning from outside our 11th floor lift.

That's all for now but before I go, I wanna show you a restaurant where I had this DELICIOUS drink! It's also situated in E-Gate so we Penang people can go! The drink is called Snowflake Tiramisu and it contains coffee, tiramisu essence, vanilla and my most favourite ingredient-MINT! Nice lo! So yummy! Go try it out if you have the chance. You'll love it!

2 comments: